Monday, January 9, 2012

My History ... Part 1


This must be my favorite  creation story and it certainly makes more sense than the Jesus one. Well since this is my first post ever please bear with me. I should probably tell you more about myself. Firstly I'm still a teen in high school and more specifically I'm 17, I live in a country were being christian is the norm and everybody else at least has a religion. Being an atheist is practically unheard of and everybody just accepts you believe in a big guy in the sky.


 So I have been an atheist for a year, the only one knowing being my mom and at first she didn't quite get it. She told me very concerned that she doesn't want me to be a sinner and praise the devil to which I replied " I can't be a sinner, because I don't believe in him either". My mom never confronted me directly again but would rather add small things to her conversation like ghosts are proof there must be a god. I must say my mom has started to doubt herself and now replaces the "must" with "if". My sister on the other hand is quite a bit younger than me and it makes it a bit awkward when she starts talking about heaven, angels and god. She off course got enlightened with all of this from her school. I don't think there is a non-religious school in the whole country.


 I, myself have been in religious schools my whole life and they brainwashed, I mean learned me all about religion and wonderful god. I always found the story quite peculiar and could never quite get to it make sense to me. When I was little my parents did not educate me about god and we never went to church. They would sometimes talk about it, but I didn't really care much. When I started school in 2001 everything changed to be god included. The morning would start with scripture reading and prayer and then when we had assembly once a week we would do the same but then they would explain it in only a way that could make it sound good, at the end we would sing multiple Christan songs and then the day would resume. Now we skip to 2004, I was doing well in school and started my 4th year in my new school. This school was definitely a Christan school. The morning would start the same as any other one but now we were blessed with a bible studies class ( Funny enough they never taught us of the erotic content, I wonder what the message is there). At Christmas, Easter and who knows how many stolen holidays they would make us colour and draw pictures of fictional characters.


As soon as I entered my sixth year I had a teacher which didn't believe in the bible, much like my mom. I think that was the closet I ever got to atheism before I enlightened myself. They would always involve god every where they could and would sometimes express the ridiculousness  of multiple gods clearly failing to see the holes in their own. I started to become as christian as possible and for me not much work was needed as I was well behaved. I even thought I heard gods voice in one of the bible classes in my seventh year, OK, I pretended to since everyone else was hearing it, I was talking to myself and I knew it. I thought is was funny when everyone claimed to hear god.


I think I have written enough and will try to come back tomorrow. I will tell you about my high school years next then I will start with what I really want. This is just to show you my background. Any and all suggestions are always welcome. Have an Amazing day.

2 comments:

  1. This was really nice to read and I must compliment your writing. I can't wait for part 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, part 2 will be coming later today.

    ReplyDelete